Shoulder Injuries And Workers’ Compensation
Shoulder injuries can be disabling, costly, and can lead to long-term health impacts. Let the shoulder injury lawyers at Emery | Reddy, PLLC help. Jobs involving physical labor and repetitive motion increase the risk of shoulder injuries. The impact of repetitive twisting, turning, lifting, and other apparently harmless motions can accumulate over time and lead to serious shoulder damage. Isolated accidents can also disable a worker who is otherwise in perfect physical condition, forcing them to alter physical activities as a result of a shoulder injury at work.
If you have received a shoulder injury due to physical labor or repetitive motion, Washington workers’ compensation and shoulder injury lawyers at Emery | Reddy will fight for your interests when the Washington Department of Labor & Industries or your self-insured employer denies compensation, benefits, or the medical care you deserve.
The Three Types Of Shoulder Injuries
According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, shoulder injuries are grouped into the following categories.
- Instability: one of the shoulder joints moves or is forced out of its normal position resulting in a dislocation of one of the joints in the shoulder.
- Impingement: caused by excessive rubbing of the shoulder muscles against the top part of the shoulder blade.
- Rotator cuff injuries: when your rotator cuff is injured, you may never fully recover the shoulder function needed to properly complete your work tasks.
Workers’ Compensation And Shoulder Injury Lawyers Will Help You Recover:
- Current and ongoing medical costs
- Lost wages and lost potential income
- Damages for pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life from a permanent injury, disability, or other factors
We understand that many families depend on the income of an injured worker, and our workers’ compensation lawyers are dedicated to winning the benefits and compensation you deserve. Our practice was founded on a commitment to advocating for workers’ rights, and we are proud of our record protecting the injured and disabled.
Call us today to learn how Emery | Reddy can help you with your shoulder injury or workers’ compensation claim. Please remember to have your L&I claim number readily available.