Wrongful Death Attorneys
Seattle Wrongful Death Attorneys
Wrongful death attorneys work on cases where someone has been killed—whether the death was accidental or intentional. If a loved one dies due to the actions of someone else, a wrongful death lawyer can help explain what occurred, who is responsible, if anyone should be criminally charged, and whether surviving family members are warranted compensation for their loss.
The attorneys at Emery | Reddy, PLLC help those who have lost loved ones due to the negligence or misconduct of another party. While no amount of money can replace a life, it can ease the financial burden on surviving family members by recovering damages for:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of future expected support
- Loss of projected future earnings
- Loss of companionship and/or protection
- Medical expenses
- Funeral costs
Wrongful Death Can Result From A Number Of Circumstances:
- Medical malpractice and emergency room accidents
- Automobile and airplane accidents
- Hazardous or defective consumer products
- Criminal behavior
- Dangerous conditions or exposure to hazardous substances in the workplace
Laws concerning wrongful death are highly complex and require the knowledge and resources of a skillful legal counsel. Emery | Reddy will use our expertise to:
- Establish causation
- Determine projected lost earnings
- Protect clients from the pressure tactics of the negligent party’s insurer, and
- Negotiate claims for the highest compensation entitled by law
Regrettably, parties at fault in wrongful death incidents often move on without being held responsible. Wrongful death lawsuits can help families feel a sense that justice has been served and can also contribute to better regulations or changes in our social, legal, and business culture to help prevent future tragedies.
L&I Death Benefits And Survivor Pensions
In an ideal world, every workers’ comp claim would ultimately end with total recovery and the injured worker is able to work again. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. If an injured worker dies as a result of their work-related injury or illness, there are certain L&I death benefits available to their surviving loved ones.
Contact our legal team for a free case review. We can determine if our award-winning Seattle L&I attorneys can help you with your wrongful death claim. Please remember to have your L&I claim readily available.